|Benguet Technical School
To help improve the economic services of Benguet Province through the provision of skills trainings to the youth, out-of-school youth and the disabled for them to have better chances of being employed, self employed or as entrepreneurs.
To provide technical/vocational skills trainings to the youth, out of school youth, disabled and unemployed adults for them to have better chances of being employed or to become entrepreneurs;
To continuously invest in the upgrading of courses that is responsive to the growing demands of industries in the labor market;
To assist poor but deserving students in the provision of practical skills for them to become self-reliant and self productive.
I. Management and supervision
- Technical Assistance
Registration and admission of students
Preparation and issuance of student IDs, certificates and credentials
Preparation of reports and various communications
Maintenance of school library
Guidance counseling to erring students
- Provide instructional services to students
- Coordinate with reputable shops and establishments for on the job placements
- Conduct student assessments and performance evaluation
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
BTS-is an Economic Enterprise of the Province of Benguet aimed to provide skills trainings to the youths unskilled and unemployed individuals to equip them of the Â various technical and livelihood skills for employment or self-employment.
Benguet Technical School to serve as implementing arm of the Provincial Government of Benguet in improving the economic services for the development of manpower resource in the labor force.
To produce competent workers in the field of Industrial, social and livelihood services for practical vocation.
PROVINCIAL GOVERNMENT OF BENGUET
BENGUET TECHNICAL SCHOOL
1. BRIEF HISTORY
Back in 1997, the former President Fidel V. Ramos appropriated 75 M funds from his Presidential Socaial Fund to support establishment of Livelihood Training and Productivity Center to various marginalized regions in the country. The fund was implemented thru the Presidential Management Staff purposely to upgrade the socio-economic conditions of the poor provinces in the country, including the Cordillera Administrative Region.
The Provincial government of Benguet responded to this program and granted the utilization of about 2500 square meters of its land at Wangal, La Trinidad, Benguet for the establishment of Benguet Livelihood Training and Productivity Center. This was implemented by thr HELPING foundation, Inc. of then first Lady Mrs. Amelita M. Ramos under a tripartite agreement with the Provincial Government of Benguet, and the Presidential Management Staff.
Under the agreement, the Province of Benguet provided the lot anf Administrative expenses of 2 Million per year, the Presidential Management Staff provided 5 Million for the building and faicilities construction while the HELPING foundation, Inc. provided the management and setting up of the Livelihood Training Programs of the training center for a period of five years.
The operation of the Training Center by the HELPING Foundation, Inc. ended in February 15, 2003 and subsequently transferred the interim management to the Provincial Government of Benguet until a permanent management set up will be prepared by the Provincial Board for the operation of the school.
The interim management was however prolonged up to July 2006 when the Provincial Board was able to finalize the management set up of the school and converted the Benguet Livelihood Training and Productivity Center as an economic enterprise of the Province of Benguet. This is embodied under Provincial Ordinance 06-112 dated August 18, 2006. Said conversion subsequently changed the name into Benguet Technical School.
PROGRAMS AND FEES
I. AUTOMOTIVE SERVICING NCI
- Engine Tune Up (Gas and Diesel)
- Electrical/Electronic Units Assemblies
- Engine System Components
- Automotive Steering, Suspension and Brake System Components
- Transmission System Components
II. AUTOMOTIVE SERVICING NCII
- Battery Sevicing
- Ignition System Servicing
- Test and Repair Wiring/Lighting Servicing
- Starting System Servicing
- Charging System Servicing
- Engine Mechanical System Servicing
- Clutch System Servicing
- Differential and Front Axle Servicing
- Steering System Servicing
- Brake System Servicing
- Under-chasses Preventive Transmission
- On the Job Training
III. BEAUTY CARE NCII (CBT)
- Pre and Post Beauty Care Services
- Body Scrub
- Hand and Foot Spa
- Body Massage
- Facial Treatment and Facial Make Up
- Manicure and Pedicure
- On The Job Training
IV. HAIRDRESSING NCII (CBT)
- Pre and Post Hair Care Activities
- Hair and Scalp Treatment
- Basic Hair Perming
- Basic Hair Coloring
- Basic Haircutting
- Hair Bleaching
- Basic Make Up
- On The Job Training
V. BREAD and PASTRY PRODUCTION NCII
- Prepare and Produce Bakery Products
- Prepare and Produce Pastry Products
- Present Desserts
- Prepare and Present Gateaux, Tores and Cakes
- Prepare and Display Petits Fours
VI. GARMENTS TRADE
- Draft and Cut Pattern of Ladies' Apparel
- Prepare and Cut Materials of Ladies' Apparel
- Sew Ladies' Casual Apparel
- Apply Finishing Touches on Casual Aparrel
- Draft and Cut Pattern of Men's Apparel
- Prepare and Cut Materials of Men's Apparel
- Sew Men's Casual Apparel
- Apply Finishing Touches on Casual Apparel
1. PRACTICAL DRIVING